I love almost any peanut related dish, and this sauce can be used for so many different things. In the photos I have tossed it in some rice noodles and served with pea sprouts, spinach, veggie dumplings and crispy baked tofu. This is usually my go- to with this sauce, along with veggie spring rolls for dipping. You can also mix with coconut milk and use as a satay sauce with mock chicken or a salad dressing. It's also really easy to adjust to your personal taste buds. This is just my personal preference. Feel free to experiment and make it your own. Makes extra because it's even better cold the next day for lunch.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I've used both creamy and crunchy and they are both really yummy!)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- dash of soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 clove of garlic chopped finely
- about 1 tsp fresh ginger chopped finely
- juice from 1 lime
- dash of rice vinegar
- 2 tsp of toasted or raw sesame seeds
- Mix everything together except the water
- slowly add small amounts of water until sauce is to desired consistency
- lick spoon!
So quick and easy! Sometimes the recipe changes a little depending on what I have on hand. If I want spicy sometimes I add chili paste. For more savory I'll add fermented soybean paste or a little miso paste.