Tofu is so filling and satisfying when cooked right. I can't take credit for the amazing eggplant bacon in this photo. That, I borrowed from The Minimalist Baker. I can attest, though, that it's incredibly yummy and I 10/10 recommend you try it out.
This basic recipe for tofu scramble can be really versatile too! You can add it to so many breakfast dishes. Above, I added it to some breakfast tacos along with roasted potatoes, sprouts, black beans, and a drizzle of vegan cheddar and chili sauce. Also works great in breakfast burritos!
Ingredients(for 2/3 servings):
- Vegan butter; about 1tbsp
- 1/4 block firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- On medium heat, melt vegan butter in a skillet.
- Chop up tofu and add to skillet.
- Sautee until tofu just starts to brown.
- Add turmeric, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Sautee until tofu is coated evenly in turmeric.
- Serve and enjoy!